Smoking In Bed Causes Home Fire On Country Drive

At 2:33 A.M. this morning, Lincoln County Firefighters responded to the 100 block of Country Drive off Hwy. W. for a reported structure fire.  On arrival, Firefighters quickly located and contained the fire to a bedroom.  A man living at the residence told firefighters he had been smoking in bed, fell asleep and woke up to the bed on fire.  Fortunately, the man escaped the home with no injuries.

Thank you to Elsberry Fire, Winfield-Foley Fire, Old Monroe Fire, Lincoln County Ambulance District and Lincoln County 911 for their assistance on this fire.

 

Barry Nuss
Follow Us

Barry Nuss

Fire Marshal & Public Information Officer at Lincoln County Fire Protection District #1, serving Lincoln County, Missouri.
Barry Nuss
Follow Us

Barry Nuss

Fire Marshal & Public Information Officer at Lincoln County Fire Protection District #1, serving Lincoln County, Missouri.