The Lincoln County Fire Protection District #1 is re-energizing and re-organizing it’s Codes & Ordinances Committee. The Committee’s purpose is to involve the community, through representation, in the District’s codes and ordinances as well as related processes. Committee membership is diverse and includes citizens, business owners, building owners, architects, engineers, contractors, and more.
The primary functions of the committee are:
- Act as a community advisory board to the Fire Marshal on matters pertaining to code development, inspections and enforcement.
- Review existing and proposed codes and ordinances, based on community needs.
- Conducts code based peer review hearings when necessary (rare) and provides its findings and recommendations to the Fire Marshal. In certain cases, the committee may also render its opinion to the District’s Board of Directors.
Quarterly meetings are expected, beginning in November 2017 with additional meetings as determined necessary by the committee.
Anyone interested in being a Committee Member may complete a brief form on our website below or here. The District will review all nominations by November 1, 2017.
Currently, Committee positions include 2 residents, 4 business owners, 1 Architect, 1 Engineer, 1 General Contractor, 1 Electrician, 1 Plumber, 1 Fire Sprinkler Contractor, 1 Fire Alarm Contractor, 1 Residential Builder and 1 Land Developer.
Latest posts by Barry Nuss (see all)
- Visitation & Services Announced For Chief Randy Ragan (Ret.) - October 2, 2017
- Codes & Ordinances Committee Nominations Now Being Accepted - September 20, 2017
- Firefighters Train For Grain Engulfment Rescue - August 28, 2017